Sunday, May 31, 2009

Me in my waitress costume for the performance!





Me again






Me doin a way cool trick!





Another way awesome trick!




Heres me spinning




Twirling again




Spinning/Twirling AGAIN!




Me and cute little Zeusy!




Zeusy and me again




In this pic Zeus is wearing my apron! Silly puppy!


For the last 4 months the Oquirrh Mountain Temple District, which includes like 10 stakes, has been practicing for this celebration. The celebration was held at the Conference Center in downtown Salt Lake. In the celebration there was dancing and singing mostly for the prophet. Thomas S. Monson and Henry B. Eyring were there to watch our hard work in celebrating the temple. There was an enormous choir that sang throughout the program. And there were a lot of dances. It was like a history of utah that started with Native Americans (that dance was my favorite) then went to pioneers(there were lots of those dances), then Immagrants, then 1920's to 40's to 50's, there was a military tribute, then polynesian, latin american, and asian dances (asian was my favorite too!), then the choir sang again and it ended. I was apart of the 1950's dance! I was told that it was everyone's favorite! I was a waitress which explains the pink outfit. I also had rollerblades with my costume but i wasn't wearing them in those pictures. It was a really neat experience and i had a lot of fun and met some new friends! There was a backdrop of a mountain behind the dancers on stage and there were stairs that went up it. Anyway, at the end when the choir was singing the last song "Come to the Mountain of the Lord", the Oquirrh Mountain temple rose up at the top of the mountain peak covering it up. It was so cool! All of the practices paid off for the final performance! It was so spiritual and it was awesome! I thought i did pretty well too! Well i'm getting a DVD of the performance in a month or something so whoever wants to watch just come on over or tell me! I hope you like the pictures :)

4 comments:

mikelle said...

Wow Hailie! That sounds awesome! I can't wait to see the DVD!

I love all your pictures! Especially the second to last spinning one. I can see just a hint of your bum and it made me laugh really hard thinking that if you spun like that during your performance that our Prophet may have gotten a little more than be bargained for. :) Thanks for making my night! Love you!

hailie said...

ha ha ya! Well actually in the performance i was wearing biker shorts so just in case. . . i was covered! I guess i just forgot to put them on in that pic! HAHA Well i'll talk to you later! Love you!

Adri said...

CUTE! I love the outfit! I am sure you were the best one there!

hailie said...

ha i hope!!